Even an Empty Nest Needs to Be Protected
The day has come: Your children are now adults and out of your home. But while your nest is empty and you may no longer be supporting your children, you may still need coverage for life’s unexpected turns. Here’s how you can ensure financial security for your family.
After decades of raising your family, your kids are all out of the house. Now that you have an empty nest, your responsibilities have lessened. However, your loved ones may still depend on you, and life unfolds in unexpected ways. So it’s also a good time to reassess your financial status and consider how your family would be impacted if anything were to happen to you.
By understanding your needs and ensuring you continue to have life insurance, you’re helping to financially protect your loved ones even after you’re gone. There are a variety of events from which you’ll want to help protect them, like if you’re still carrying a mortgage or other debt. Or maybe you’re putting your kids through college, or supporting one or both of your parents. You’ll also want to consider your final expenses, as funerals can carry an average price tag of $10,000.2
And you never know what other financial obligations may pop up, forcing your family to make tough decisions without you. Instead of leaving them to handle a precarious situation without you, you can help ensure they remain a step ahead.
- Empty Nest Households Are on the Rise, Zillow, 2017.
- Trends in Funeral Service, National Funeral Directors Association, 2017.
- How America Pays for College, Sallie Mae Bank, 2017.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2016.
- Sample monthly premiums for 10-year Term Life insurance with benefit amounts shown for a Female and Male at age shown. Rates are Premier Select and are guaranteed to remain level for the 10-year period. Monthly premium rates are available via EFT (electronic funds transfer). Actual premiums can only be determined by a full application and underwriting process, including some medical testing at our expense. Depending on your exact age and health, your actual rates may be higher or lower. Standard form numbers ICC15 FGCLT01-01 in most states. Not all plans are available in all durations and at all ages. Some features may not be available in all states.
ALIC52019 (exp. 10/20)
Want to learn more about Amica life insurance? Call today for a free personalized consultation.844-753-5433 844-753-5433
Financial protection and peace of mind for as low as $8.41 per month.*Get a Free Online Quote